The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday September 18, 2001 at 02:52
thefish
Founding Member
September 2001
I would buy a mits hd (i'm slightly biased cause I own one) They are the only company that coats the lenses with scantium oxide, as far as I know. The Sony XBR's are really nice, although super heavy.
As far as calibration and big chain stores, what do you expect? The people working there generally do not have the knowledge, drive, or authority to adjust a TV on the floor, and it is unfair to blame the manufacturer. That TV has traveled a great distance, usually in multiple trucks to get to the local dealer, and it is the responsibility of the dealer to make the TV's on the floor look good.
The bottom line is support your local home theater specialty dealer, and pay to have teh TV delivered and set up properly. Most specialty stores will match national chain prices, and you will get far superior service and sometimes some inside info. ISF calibration is definatelly an option, but do yourself a favor and spend the 40 bucks on AVIA or video essentials.
If you want HD now, buy a receiver now. There are no plans by Mits to release a new HD receiver anytime soon, and the copyright/HD format war will rage for years. It is not really the manufacturers that are holding things up, but the powers that be in Holywood and the broadcasters.
rycher10, when you get a true HD signal to that Mits, your jaw WILL DROP, and you will be begging for more. It's aewsome.

Hosting Services by ipHouse