The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday September 17, 2001 at 11:35
rycher10
Founding Member
September 2001
I recently purchased a Mitsubishi WS-65819. Out of the box it looked AWEFUL! It was not bright, colors were bad, tint horrible. No setting thru the menu would give me a good picture. When I watched a DVD movie (with comp. output), it looked bad - ghosting, dull and soft picture. Just bad for a $4000.00 HD set. I was about to return it when a friend suggested I get a technician that is ISF certified to calibrate it. I did, and WOW! what a difference! He explained that most manufactures set the sets default settings to extremes to look good on showroom floors with all the bright lighting, etc. He spent 4 hours calibrating the set with all sorts of equipment he brought over. The difference was immence - it now has the color, detail, black level, definition that it should. It looks EXACTLY like what you see in a movie theater. I love my Mitsubishi HD ( I have'nt even seen true HD yet on my set!). But I do recommend you get it calibrated by a certified ISF technician. The cost - $300.00. When you consider that you will spen $3000.00 -$6000.00 on a set, it seems dumb that you won't have it calibrated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse