The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Friday March 1, 2002 at 15:57
Shaydz
Founding Member
March 2002
I've had a fairly good experience (as well as can be expected) with TWC. I have the 2000HD box and a Toshiba 40H80 HD Widescreen. While the tech support folks can't spell HD if was on their foreheads, the set up guy seemed to know what he was doing.
Don't split if you can help it.
I am using coax for audio out and component for video and the HD channels are awesome. We have 4 local stations broadcasting in HD, theres a HD demo loop and the cable guy told where to go for HD - HBO and HD - Showtime. It's not on any guide or printed material. The movies (and sporting events - Superbowl - that come in HD are amazing). If it's in HD, it generally has 5.1 Dolby Digital. Sound and Video is much better than DVD.
The box took me 7 months to get and I came from Dish 'cuz they were too slow in getting the HD stuff out. Plus the outages in bad weather kept ticking me off.
IF you are set up with a HD box TV, Go to the main HBO or Showtime channel and manually punch in the next channels - you'll stumble on the HD version of whatever is on HBO or Showtime. Also Encore comes in on HD.

Downside.... The non-digital channels still suck.

Just my .02 (or perhaps .05)

Hosting Services by ipHouse