The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Monday October 8, 2001 at 23:25
JSB
Founding Member
September 2001
Just got Digital Cable from AT&T in Chicago area and it was a horrible experience. The installer took one look at my home theatre set-up and refused to do the install saying I needed to coordinate a visit between the HT people and him since he "would not take responsibility for touching my system:. I told him I knew every wire and would provide him with whaterver input he wanted and he said something like "you're not listening to me, I won't do the install". I got him to put one on another TV I had and the box they deliver only has RCA and coax outputs. There is a punch out for Svideo but no plug is there. Assuming I keep the thing, I have two questions: 1) Will I get a better picture/sound if I feed the RCA inputs into my TV Video input instead of the coax feed through the VCR and 2) Does anyone know the type of IR receiver that I can plug into the back of the cable box so that I can hide the thing away? AT&T technical support had no idea even how to answer this and then told me I could drive 15 miles to a cable office to get specs on the box but they would not FAX/mail/ or let me talk to someone at that office. I would get DSS but I have at least 4 TVS that we watch and I don't want to buy a shitload of receivers.

Hosting Services by ipHouse