The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday July 7, 2002 at 17:27
ItsColdInMN
Long Time Member
June 2002
I know where all of you come from, I literally kicked my cable installer out of my house when he started drilling through my brand new siding, hoping to run his cable along the outside of my house. I called the cable company, and they were just a total pain in the ass to deal with. But satellite installers are no better. The only time you get someone with some intelligence is when they don't work for either a satellite company, or the cable company. When they're trained to do a good job, when the customer comes first. Otherwise you're stuck with joe schmoe with his personal 87' isuzu pickup with a magnetic sign on the door, (the un-dented one) that supposedly makes him an installer. I ran more than adequate cabling through my house when it was being built. And a professional would have known that by the pair of coax sticking out of my house at the service entrance. The only guaranteed way around it is if you install your DSS yourself, but I can't have DSS because of all the trees in my yard. So I went with Cable and I watched over the next installer they sent, like a hawk. Who was very professional, and obviously had been doing it for some time. What's a guy to do?

Hosting Services by ipHouse