The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday July 13, 2002 at 00:41
ItsColdInMN
Long Time Member
June 2002
Wow....you really don't know very much....do I need to call in some professional help? Daisy chaining? What the hell are you talking about? You have 2 satellite receivers. You take the composite video and audio outputs of one, send it to one modulator input, modulate it to channel 6 (or any channel that is not being broadcast on in his specific area) then, run the RF output of the modulator into a signal combiner (Many common splitters are also rated for use as a combiner.) Take your OTHER satellite receiver, do the same thing with it, run it's composite video and audio outputs to another modulator, or another input on the same, multi-channel modulator. Set that input to modulate to channel 7 (or any OTHER un-used channel in the area) then send that modulator's RF output into the another input on the combiner. Hook your antenna lead from the aerial antenna into the last input on the combiner. Run the combiner's output into your RF distribution system, and there it goes...to every single TV in the house, and each one can tune it's own channel, whatever it wants to see. You have 2 channels which are the outputs from the satellite receivers, and the rest of your broadcast channels that you get from the aerial antenna on their respective channels. If you still insist that this setup will not work, I'll gladly ask several professionals in the professionals forum attest that my setup is in fact the ideal way to do it. You seem to only know how to do things with daisy-chaining, and multiple inputs, using A/B switches and crap. That's not how the pro's do it. They do it right. And besides, you can get 3 channel modulators for under 100 bucks. Wow, what a concept, even have an extra input available for a DVD player....all you have to do is tune to whatever channel you WANT it to be on.

Hosting Services by ipHouse