The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday August 6, 2002 at 22:07
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
The only reason I thought it might matter is bandwidth. Though I couldn't imagine that a decent cable would lack the necessary bandwidth, I didn't want to spend a week fussing and tinkering only to find that I'd effectively used phone cord when what I really needed was jumper cables, so to speak.

What we need in this world are some more really fancy connectors. I say make 'em like current keyboard and mouse connectors, with little bitty pins that have to be lined up perfectly, housed in a round connector that's nearly always on the back of a component that already has 80 connectors jammed into a 2x5 inch rectangle. I just haven't spent enough of my life with my hand twisted around backwards, turning and turning a connector as I search for that sweet spot, desperately trying to manipulate the thing among a horizontal cityscape of connectors I fought in previous battles. And while we're at it, let's add in some of those nifty thumbscrew things from D-style connectors that never quite line up with the holes, and when they do, they spin the "screw hole in a screw" until it rolls right out of the board I'm supposed to be connecting to.

Yep. That's what we need. More connectors.

:)

Dale
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse