The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday October 24, 2005 at 23:16
mikeyouse
Lurking Member
October 2005
I have a digital cable box (General Instrument brand name, received with Comcast dig. cable last year) and I want to hook my rabbit ears up to it so I can run the AV outs to my receiver, which runs to my TV etc. etc.

(Yes I realize the absurdity of it, but I just want to do it for now, I am getting satellite in the not-too-distant future and want to watch some Monday Night Football)

I cannot figure out the correct way to do this, there are a few settings in the menu function on the digital box, namely;

AC Outlet and RF Bypass.

Do I need to do anything to these to make it work, but more importantly, where do I plug the 'out' from the antenna to the cable box?

The box is still set up as it was when I unplugged my Comcast a few years ago, but I have no idea if it is correct or what;

There is a coax. running from a connection labled "TO TV/VCR" from "CONV IN" on (what I assume is) the RF converter. There is another labeled "RF IN" connected to one off of the converter labled "RF IN". Then I have two 'empty' connections labeled "RF OUT" and "CABLE IN".

Is this even possible? Was my first thought of plugging it into "CABLE IN" correct but flawed somewhere else?

Let me know, thanks

Mikeyouse

Hosting Services by ipHouse