The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday November 6, 2005 at 12:10
tjlmbklr
Long Time Member
July 2005
Ok I have learned quite a bit in the last few months regarding HD. I currently Have TiVo, basic that is and a Sony Wega. I love the DVR features, but am not convinced I need the TiVo Features. I want to upgrade to a HD receiver(direcTV). Is there a better option then the new over priced HD TiVo box. I like having the "Live TV" feature and being able to jump back a forth between two recorded shows. I dont' like having to have phone line connected. I did away with my land line years ago, luckily I have a duplex and my tenant let me tap into his phone line. Is there away around this.

Second question; I will being trying to get it right the first time, so I intend to go with the highest quality Video cable to support HD signal. So the question is, HDMI, is this Audio and Video, and if so I would assume it supports Dolby digital. Reason I ask is I will be running the HDMI directly to the Tv and I do not want to use it's speakers. I of course run surround sound through my Denon(to late am currently stuck with the model I bought, cannot run HDMI through it). Right now I run fiber optic and RCA for sound to support digital a analogy broadcasts. Will I be able to still run HDMI for video, and Fiber optic/RCA for sound through the receiver.

And third; [Link: bluejeanscable.com] are these good quality, better buy for the money then 'Monsters' best? I am open for options in the cable catagory.
I love technology! I just need to figure out how to use it. Keeping up with it's growing rate is hard enough!

Hosting Services by ipHouse