The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday September 22, 2005 at 12:52
serpantor
Long Time Member
August 2005
So here is a little update. I went out on a limb and bought a cm 4778 preamp. After connecting it it made things worse. I think cuz the terk tv55 already has an amplifier built into the housing of the antenna itself and gets inline power from the ac adapter it came with...no go. I then was reading about ota aok owning a rat shack 15-1880 indoor antenna. I figured hey what the heck. I bought it and it sucked big time. With the power on all channels were 41 signal strength and close channels wouldn't show up. So now I'm back to square one. I still havent put the antenna up on a mast but I'm starting to think that the reason my reception sucks so bad is because of all the high rises in my area. There are buildings everywhere. I can see the top of the CN tower in my line of sight. Plus WIVB and WUTV only come in sometimes. These channels aren't rock steady. They come in when they want. I think these signals for buffalo stations are bouncing off a building or something. Does anyone really think that a proper antenna like a cm or winegard will make a big difference? Please advise
More digital content please

Hosting Services by ipHouse