The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday August 23, 2005 at 14:50
serpantor
Long Time Member
August 2005
First off, Hey, I'm new here. I've been reading over this site for months debating what I should do to get OTA HD content. I've recently moved to the toronto area in a high rise. I picked up the sony KD34XS955 wega that has a built in ATSC tuner. Then I grabbed a terk tv55 antenna cuz my girl wasn't big on some bulky obscene looking piece of metal hanging off the balcony. I mounted it near the window sill and ran a scan on the television. After a little tweaking of the position of the antenna I could pull in 6 HD channels:
CITYHD, TORONTO1, CBC, CTVHD, CBS(WIVB), FOX(WUTV).

I can't seem to find UPN, NBC, ABC, or PBS. I only really wanted PBS cuz the HD content on that channel is amazing from what I've seen on my buddy's HD cable terminal. I'm thinking of mounting the antenna onto a mast and clamping it onto the balcony railing, does anyone think that may work out better for the signal? Also I'm noticing that on the main page of the hdtv section the channel guide shows cbc as 20-1 and below it is (5-1) what does that mean exactly? On my television cbc comes in on 5-1 not 20-1. Also CBS is listed as 39-1 and below that is (4-1) but the station maps to 4-1 on my set. is the station below in brackets the canadian equivalent or what? If so are they all that way or why do some only show one channel number?

Thanks to everyone on this site who has helped me through reading these forums and getting a better understanding into the world of HD. I never want to look at analog again, or digital for that matter. Theres nothing like watching the NFL in high def!

Thanks
S
More digital content please

Hosting Services by ipHouse