The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday November 28, 2005 at 23:34
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Those are all good choices, in theory; the difference from theory is that the TSU3000 seems to work fine for some people and be an impossible pain for others. I did one for a client and had such problems that I won't do them again. For a Pronto type remote, consider the Marantz RC5400 or its current replacement. Marantz just changed the way they wholesale, so I don't buy them any more, but they make good remotes.

I have heard that the Harmony remotes are not very customizable, but adequate. I did not like the Sony touchscreens because there were only certain labels you could put on the screen...you might need ON and OFF for a TV, but only have POWER and...and then you would have to choose something off the wall, put the OFF command on it, and remember what funky name you had to choose.

You should also look into the Universal Remote MX-850 or MX-950. Unlike the Pronto and Marantz remotes, this has many buttons and little touchscreen. The advantage of this is that you can learn to operate it by touch, which you can never do with a touchscreen remote (you always have to look down at the screen) except for the volume and channel commands.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse