The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday December 14, 2005 at 20:07
MarkTO
Lurking Member
December 2005
I may have a solution for the CTV problem. Try a program called Beyond TV 4 by Snapstream Media.

I had exactly the same problem with my AverTVHD A180. Neither the supplied Avermedia TV app nor WatchHDTV could tune CTV but they both displayed a high signal strength. I was part of the Beyond TV 4 beta program and I filed a bug report with them about the CTV problem and the clever folks over there fixed it. My AverTVHD can now tune in CTV using Beyond TV and as far I know the program also supports the HDTV Wonder. Beyond TV has a free trial so you might as well give it a try.

The Snapstream guys also let me know that the first three programs in CTV's stream are not listed in the TVCT (Terrestrial Virtual Channel Table) which is why they can't be tuned. So it appears that this is not a driver problem but an application problem and CTV's broadcast stream is still a bit messed up. Those of you with open issues at ATI may want to pass along the info about the TVCT so that they can fix their app or better yet CTV should fix their stream.

Hope this helps.

Hosting Services by ipHouse