The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday December 12, 2005 at 23:06
Weblurker
Long Time Member
August 2004
On December 12, 2005 at 17:29, icewire said...
So I wonder, is it a device driver issue or a
hardware issue?

rbq: are you using a HDTV wonder card? I'm still
very new to graphedit. I still have not gotten
it to work once with the wonder card. I get the
output window to pop up but not the MS ATSC tuner
window. weird?

daniel/weblurker: It's funny isn't it. CTV (Canadian)
/ ATI (Canadian) and it doesnt work :P Good
luck on the ticket weblurker, please update me
on any info you get from ATI.

rbq: BTW, which coded are you using to watch CTV with WatchHDTV?

icewire: ATI didn't want to accept the ticket until I pointed out that it wouldn't look good for ATI if they refused to fix a bug for a TV station just a few tens of miles away from them. I think other people have tried and ATI always comes back with "The HDTV Wonder isn't supported in Canada".

A friend has tried to use Graphedit to switch WatchHDTV to another codec like the Nvidia or Intervideo codecs, but Graphedit comes back saying the pins aren't compatible.

Edit: an ATI CSR supervisor replied to my problem ticket tonight. He said that CFTO only has a 17kW transmitter (he referred me to the table in the RemoteCentral web site!). I replied that according to MMC, CFTO is coming in at 4 or 5 bars and with WatchHDTV, 90% to 95%.

He also said that officially ATI doesn't sell or support the HDTV Wonder in Canada. I replied that it's sold in several stores in Toronto, ATI is based in Toronto, so it wasn't so unreasonable to expect that the card would work in Toronto.

Finally, I pointed out that the bug is 100% reproducible, isn't intermittent or located in Texas or California and that all ATI had to do was run an HDTV Wonder at their head office and they'd see the bug. I said I really hoped ATI would fix this problem since it's occurring right in their backyard.

Last edited by Weblurker on December 13, 2005 00:15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse