The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday January 24, 2006 at 20:45
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
The antenna that Daniel suggests is UHF only. UHF consists of much higher frequencies than VHF, so UHF antennas are much smaller than UHF/VHF antennas.

You could get a pretty clear line on what you will need and where you will need to point it if you go to www.antennaweb.org and go through the steps of searching for an antenna.

You will get a printout of the stations you can expect to get in your area with an idea of what kind of antenna will be needed to get them. Note that the HD stations, such as 2-1 or 7-1 (just making this up here) are going to be shown as actually on frequencies such as 36 or 45, that is, UHF frequencies. You just have to review the list of HD stations you want to get and verify that none of them are really on VHF frequencies to know if you need a UHF/VHF or if UHF only will suffice.

I think Daniel lives close enough to you, or researches his answers well enough, to pretty well guarantee that if he advises a UHF antenna, that is what you will need.

At antennaweb.or, you can even get a street level map that shows where to point the antenna in relationship to your house and street. When I am putting up antennas, I take these printouts up on the roof, sight along the street lines, and just copy what I see.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse