Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday January 25, 2006 at 17:58
barlow
September 2004
You may be getting ghosts. I am plagued with them with my attic mounted 4228. Especially on one channel although it basically is located in the same direction and distance as the other stations. I will get a steady 80 signal for a period of time and than it will drop down to 40 freezing audio and picture than up it goes again to 80 and picture is good again. I have to agree with Ernie that it is a quality issue as in you are getting multipath and that it is not a level issue. You can use the Square shooter to your advantage to hopefully get rid of the extra ghosts. Maybe even directing the SS in the opposite direction from the station will help by cutting down on the number of multipaths.

I know there is not a lot of coorelation and the transmitters are different as well as the exact locations. So it is just coincidental that the NTSC version of that channel comes in with ghosts on my tv and the ATSC version experiences drop out.

Hey Ernie, if some genious could build a STB ATSC receiver that could mask out the multipaths leaving the stronger of the multipaths to feed to the TV would it help???

-Don B

Hosting Services by ipHouse