Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 30, 2006 at 01:12
DIRTE
February 2005
I have channels that no longer come in that I use to recieve and its progressively getting worse. I had a knowledgable technician (suprisingly) come out and evaluate my problem, he stated that the signal was below what was acceptable for the box to decode the channels. Channel 117 was suppose to be at 100 and was short by 6db. My mother in law lives across the street and is having the same channels drop out the same time as mine. I have lost confidence in dealing with comcasts tech support and service team as I can never get in touch with someone who can resolve my issue. I cant even get them to come out as I have been stood up the past 3 times they were suppose to come out, but I dont want to switch to satellite. I like the service when it works and dont have any problems other than this.

The feed from the street is not split until it reaches my US tec panel and then splits out to my tv locations. If I take a 2 way splitter and connect the box feed to the low loss leg I still have the same problem, but if I couple the feed to the cable box feed it works fine. I believe that comcasts output is the problem not my wiring infrastructure. I know elementary fundamentals about RF but want to know if I can purchase a RF amplifier that doesnt overload my signal and create more problems, from what I understand the signal being too strong can be an issue, hence the reason for chokes. So can I purchase an adjustable or low output RF amp? TIA
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed with the things you didn't do than by the things you did… Explore. Dream. Discover" Mark Twain, 1879

Hosting Services by ipHouse