Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1,643 made on Saturday May 3, 2008 at 10:25
Biggy
Long Time Member
April 2008
Hi donnyjaguar,

Here is some information you might be interested in, yesterday evening during a period of heavy rain (9 PM) I started to notice channels 2.1 (33.1) 4.1 (39.1) 7.1 (38.1) 49.1 (34.2) signal strength begin to decrease and I was getting breakup on the video, the signal strength was jumping up and down.

I couldn’t sleep very well last night woke up at 4:00 AM there was a layer of heavy fog. I checked out the weather channel they were recording heavy fog across lake as well. I ran another check of all the channels 2.1 (33.1) 4.1 (39.1) 7.1 (38.1) 49.1 (34.2) were all weak video would drop in and out. Channel 29.1 (14.1) no video or audio. The fog seems to be a real UHF signal killer.

This morning overcast 9:00 am all channel up and returned to normal signal strength.

Looks the weather had a lot to play with the poor reception I was getting. The weather seems to have little effect on all the stations broadcasting from CN Tower and Hamilton. Since I am located down at the bottom of a hill I can’t receive any signals broadcasting from North of my location. I think if I was at top of the hill I might be able to receive signals from North of me as well as from Rochester, Syracuse area.

Next thing for me to watch out for is when the leaves on trees start to fill in :-(

Anyone else notice decrease or lost of signals last night as well?

Biggy

Hosting Services by ipHouse