Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1,406 made on Tuesday January 29, 2008 at 20:34
keaster2000
Long Time Member
April 2007
Hi rifraf;

If you're debating on whether a tripod on your roof is worthwhile, consider something like a CM3671 or CM3679 on top of it. These antennas--with a rotor will probably get you a much stronger signal than what you're getting now. True the pre amp helps and you may notice a much better signal with it used in conjunction with an antenna like these ones.

With the CM3671 which is similar to what I have, I can get 31 Woodstock (which is CITY-TV) and 56 CBLN on a good night. I always get CICO 28, CKCO 13, CIII 6, from Kitchener and Paris, respectively and I'm in St. Catharines. I have caught stations from Detroit and Watertown--but only on a good clear summer night.

From Brantford with that size of antenna on your you might get Buffalo, and possibly Erie.

I found a lot of good info at: www.channelmaster.com

Bottom line: I'd say spend the money--get the tripod antenna and rotor. From the prices I've seen in US dollars you'd probably spend about $250.--maybe less, but consider this:

You can't get Buffalo HD and only some Toronto HD on cable and Satellite, the antenna is maintenance free for years, and if your neighbours ask why you're taking a giant step back in time by putting an antenna on your roof you just tell them you're getting FREE HDTV!

Hope this info helps

keaster2000
a.k.a airwavedave

Hosting Services by ipHouse