The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1,405 made on Tuesday January 29, 2008 at 13:26
rifraf
Lurking Member
January 2008
Did a test with the Indoor unamplified Terk.
Outside off my deck about 14' high.

I am located in the south west corner of Brantford, off #53 halfway between Hamilton and Woodstock, a relatively low area.
Tried 60 degrees to Toronto and 120 degrees to buffalo, I did this to see what stations I might be able to get. I have a new sharp 42” with a digital tuner.
I get these analog stations viewable, some great, some with light snow. Looking up their locations I assume this is where they are coming from.
6 –out of I assume Paris
9-CFTO
11- CHCH out of Hamilton
13 – CKCO out of Kitchener
28 –CICO out of Kitchener
17 -wned
31 –CKCK out of Woodstock
36 – CITS out of Hamilton
56 –CBLN out of Kitchener (not real great)

I finnally got a single digital lock on 36.1

I could finally make out 2, 4, 7, and fox on 29, not really viewable but could tell what was there and make out the station logos.

I can get a signal on these stations, (If I mannually enter the numbers) mostly fading in and out, black and white to color, audio in and out as well, lots of snow, not really viewable at all but you can tell there is a signal there.
2,4, 7, 9, 11, 17(wned), 23, 25, 29, 41, 47, 57,

I cannot put up a tower, but I am willing to put up on a roof tripod (about 15-18’ high) or off a wall mount, a CM 4228. and a 7777 Pre amp. I may consider an internal attic option as well –If I have enough signal??(probably not!)
I really do want to bring in the Buffalo major networks, especially on the uhf digital.

Here’s my question.
Am I wasting my time? $250 outlay is OK for me, provided that it will work, but I do not want to waist my money.
Any input apreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse