The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1,389 made on Monday January 14, 2008 at 12:36
donnyjaguar
Long Time Member
January 2008
Okay, good info on the Bell box, I didn't know it offers that option.

Since my last post I've discovered that if you go to Setup=>channels=>manual on the LG HDTV you can enter the DTV channel number and it gives you a signal strength. This is marked as Bad-Normal-Good. I've found that once you get about midway between Bad-Normal the picture starts to suffer. This is the case with Channel 2 Bufalo much of the time. There's one last HDTV station in Buffalo I can't get as the signal is only just above Bad. Once again, I suspect this will improve once I get the tower up and the preamp installed. I'm going to try to shoot for the Rochester stations too. There are 5 down there on HDTV all on the same hill so fingers crossed.

I wrote LG but the response was from some loser directing me to a service centre. I wrote back and asked for the spec's on the ATSC tuner inside the set. I shouldn't have to go to a service centre whom I've never dealt with to get this information. This is standard stuff! Next they'll want me to sign a non disclosure agreement to view it. LOL.

If you're getting WUTV from the attic you are doing very well!

As an aside, I'm thoroughly delighted with this TV set. Its exceeded my expectations on all fronts. My only beef is a second 75Ω antenna input would've been very nice.

DJ
Donny Jaguar

Hosting Services by ipHouse