The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 628 made on Monday July 24, 2006 at 02:58
chris32
Long Time Member
October 2003
Hello every one, I have some questions about OTA HD broadcasting. I am interested in getting OTA HD, I live in oakville, ontario canada. I am in the US on vacation (Chicago) and am trying to find eqiupment to receive HD OTA. Could some one let me know what I need please? As far as I can figure I need a HD OTA tuner, antenna and TV which I do have (HD ready). This is what I have found: 1: From radio shack (new Model) HDTV indoor/outddor directional antenna M# 15-2187 $79.99 (the box said it was amplified, & reception of up to 50 miles.) 2: from circuit city Samsung HD receiver (SIR-T451) $249.99, Pro Brand HDtv Receiver (HD3150PLUS) $229.99. 1st question is about the antenna, is it any good? What does the directional exactly mean? If it is any good should I get 2 of them, point 1 toward toronto and the other toward Buffalo? Or should I get a rotator(I beleive the guy said a rotator cost the same $79.99?) I am in a new sub-division and would like to put it in the attic. If this antenna is no good could someone pleas suggest something else? 2nd Question is about the tuners. Is the prices normal because someone told me that a couple of months ago they saw tuners at radio shack for $55, and now radio shack does not carry a single tuner? If $250 is average for these tuners could someone suggest which one I should go with, or even suggest a different tuner (I have not checked bestbuy or walmart yet)? Thank you for you help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse