On 11/06/03 13:24, Anthony said...
John, the Pronto supports directly something it
calls RC6 mode 0 and something else called RC6
mode 6a

the 6a has three fields

customer code
system
command

This is defintely some kind of "mode 6" (vs. regular RC6, which is mode 0). I don't know what Philips means by "6a". It's encouraging that 6a has an extra field because this RC6-6-32 does have an extra field vs. normal RC6. But I wouldn't know what to put in those three fields to try to duplicate these signals. I don't own any model of Pronto. Do you or someone else in this thread have two Prontos or a Pronto plus some other IR learning device?

Assuming no other expert jumps in with an explanation of mode 6a, it would be nice to enter a few mode 6a signals into a Pronto with different customer code, system and command numbers and then learn them to another remote and decode the results and see if they are RC6-6-32 and if so, then which field is which.

Also I'm worried because this protocol toggles the wrong bit. I wouldn't expect Philips to toggle the wrong bit, so even if mode 6a were RC6-6-32, it still probably won't work.

I just suddenly remembered something from the last time this came up, which is that it was a Microsoft product in which the wrong bit of RC6 was toggled (as you'd expect) but someone in that thread had a plausible sounding claim that it wasn't actually Microsoft's fault that the wrong bit was toggled.

Hosting Services by ipHouse