Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday November 6, 2003 at 14:02
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On 11/04/03 22:06, larrydj said...
can I just create the twin of one
of these on a text editor and append it in to
the IR window of the command I already learned?
The command would be twice as long, but would
have both toggles.

You can splice together two commands. It's a little harder than just tacking the Pronto Hex of one after the Pronto hex of the other, because the first four numbers of the Pronto Hex are a header. You need to change the first header and discard the second header and splice the rest together.

But you don't want the two versions of one command put together that way. That would always send the command twice. You want to send the command once, but then leave the remote ready to send it correctly the next time.

One solution to a toggle-bit problem is to find a "do nothing" command in the same protocol and splice it onto the end of each real command, so the device never sees the same command twice in a row. One problem with that approach is that it's hard to get the normal "repeat while held" feature of the remote to work right.

Another solution is to have two identical looking panels and have opposite versions of each command on the two panels and have an automatic jump to the other panel after each button press. With a Pronto, I think that solution completely kills the repeat while held feature.

This protocol does toggle the wrong bit (vs. the defined RC6 standard). I think it is exactly the one helped someone else with quite a while back. I don't remember who or where, but it must have been for a JP1 remote, because I don't think I ever learned the details needed to do this for Pronto. Have you tried to contact Eigeny to see if he'll join this thread? He just knows the details I'd need to research.

Hosting Services by ipHouse