The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday November 4, 2003 at 17:20
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
The protocol (in the terminology currently used by the JP1 group) is RC6-6-32. The device is 128. The commands are 30 and 31.

I don't recall what support (if any) a Pronto has for signals that are in the RC6 family of protocols but aren't the specific "RC6" protocol normally used by Philips.

Maybe one of the other experts will jump in with that answer.

If there isn't built in support for this, I think there's another way to get it handled perfectly.

In a thread long ago, Eigeny Oulianov figured out how to make a signal with correct toggle behavior in a protocol that had the same bit timing as RC5 but didn't have the same frame structure as RC5. The same approach would work for a signal that has RC6 bit timing but doesn't have the same frame structure as the restricted subset of RC6 that the Pronto considers to be "RC6".

I made the suggestion that got Eigeny to do that, so I understand the basic idea, but there were a couple details I didn't know how to handle. Even after seeing how Eigeny did it for RC5, I'm still not certain how to do that for RC6. Maybe some expert will remind me of a simpler way (as I suggested above). If not, then maybe you can ask Eigeny for help. If none of that goes anywhere, I'll dig up the thread where Eigeny did that for the RC5 like protocol and probably I'll be able to figure it out for RC6.

(For most toggle-bit protocols I would have had the answer immediately).

One more detail: There are a few devices that use a form of RC6 but toggle the wrong bit. We'd need to know that in order to get this right. To find out which bit toggles, you must learn the same command at least twice in a row (without any extra key presses on the original remote in between) to different keys in the Pronto, and post those. Then we can see which bit really toggles.

Hosting Services by ipHouse