Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday March 18, 2004 at 13:27
Doug_Kraz
Long Time Member
March 2003
Hi all fellow remotecentralers:

I have a Tag/McLaren T32R tuner. Believe me it is an awesome piece of electronics. If you want the best remote controled tuner ever built this is it!!!!! However the folks at Tag/McLaren have done something bizarre with their remote control!!! Each of the 42 buttons on the remote send out 2 DIFFERENT IR signals. I like to think of it as first and (EVEN numbered code-- then an ODD numbered code). So, unlike ever other remote I have ever heard of the buttons do not have unique signals. So, in essense, to program a universal remote control I will have to use 84 buttons!!!!! To control the 42 on the remote.
Also, for example you hit the mute button on the remote, (it sends an EVEN NUMBERED signal) then the tuner next waits for an ODD numbered signal to unmute. If you cover the front of the remote so ir signal can be sent (The ODD NUMBERED SIGNAL is blocked essentially) then point the remote at the unit (NOW the EVEN numbered signaled is sent to unmute) NOTHING HAPPENS becaues the tuner is waiting for the ODD signal fo unmute but is receiving a second EVEN number in a row. WHAT WERE THESE PEOPLE THINKING?????????????? THEY MADE THE BEST TUNER EVER, AND THE WORST REMOTE EVER, (at least for universal remote purposes.) Anyone else ever heard of such a thing? Did I adequate explain the situation? Are the any possible benefits for a remote that operates in this fashion? (I certain don't think so.) Also, be warned TAG/MCLAREN owners, that you will need twice the number of buttons on any universal remote, to use the remote that operates the T32R.

Hosting Services by ipHouse