The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday March 22, 2004 at 13:59
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
What model Pronto is this for? We've had varied results from hand edited "7000" format codes, probably depending on the model of Pronto involved. Some codes crashed PENG. Some got translated by ProntoEdit or PENG back into the simpler code we were trying to escape. Some failed for reasons unknown. Some worked.

On 03/22/04 13:12, jarmstrong said...
I went back to Eigeny Oulianov's document

but I will post a description
of the process so that any of the real experts
can detect any flaws in my logic.

Too much modesty there Jon. On this narrow subtopic of IR encoding maybe Eigeny is the only "real expert". But if there is more than one real expert, Jon is one of them. (On IR encoding in general, Jon is of course one of the real experts).

On first reading of your post, I did think I spotted a flaw. I thought you were saying 11 was one of the strange IDs with more than two values in a BurstSeq:

0000 =+158,-55,563

Then I realized I was just misinterpreting the second comma there. If anyone else was confused (sometimes it's just me) pretend the second comma isn't there.

I calculate the length of the IR command to be
123 mS and to get two seconds that will be a
total of 16 commands (or 15 more). You must adjust
two hex words. The fourth word 0008 becomes 8+15
x 6 burst PAIRS (98 decimal => 0062) and the sixth
word 000D becomes 13+15 x 12 words (decimal
193 => 00C1)

In case someone who didn't understand Eigeny's document is trying to follow this, the main step is inserting 15 extra copies of the main body of the command (as broken out above in Jon's description of the original hex sequence). But the overall command includes two different counts of parts of it's own length. The sixth word counts the body length. The fourth word is half of a count of a larger part. Rather than go through all the boundary conditions of what's in and out and compute the counts from scratch, Jon noted that the item being inserted 15 times was 12 words long, thus adding 15*12 to the previous value of word six and adding 15*6 to the previous value of word four.

All looks right to me, but I haven't checked too carefully, nor tried to paste into ProntoEdit to see if it's rejected or scrambled.

Hosting Services by ipHouse