Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 03/26/04 17:42, Lyndel McGee said...
1x1 is a 1x1pixel bitmap created by resizing a
Pronto CCF bitmap down to 1x1pixels. The goal
here is to capture a .BMP with the correct 256
color palette used by the Pronto. This .BMP can
then be used by non-MSPaint programs to generate
images with the same color palette entries.

So I open a Pronto bmp in Paint, then reduce it to 1x1 in size? Store it and this gives me subsequent palette for files I open or create in Paint? If I understood the articles correctly, colors that are already extant on the screen will bias new colors shown toward their pallete, so how can any new palette be introduced once there is video on the screen? Do I set my monitor to 65,000 colors, then open the 1x1 in Paint, and this smaller palette will determine how subsequent colors are "bent" or biased?

And if I added the background colors to Pronto buttons in Paint, then made a solid full-Pronto screen background with the same color in the same session after working with the Pronto buttons, why are the colors different when I load them into ProntoEdit as icons?

If an image contains a Palette color entry that
is not one of these 256 colors, the offending
color is matched as close as possible to a valid
Pronto Palette color.

I see. That is what I am referring to as "bias" or "bending" up above. But again, my last question above. I created both icons in the same session in Paint, then imported them in the same session into ProntoEdit.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse