The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday March 26, 2004 at 16:31
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Well, here's a curious one: I decided to see if I could make it work with what I have.

I extracted the bmps from the TSU6000 gallery and colored the backgrounds with the light yellow from Paint. I did this in Paint. Stored the modified bmps as 256 color bmps.

I also created a solid color panel, 240 x 219 pixels, to use as a background behind the buttons, to unify the look of the panel. I did this in Paint and made it the same color that I had used for the backgrounds of the buttons.

These two different types of things, both with the same color from the same box in the same palette of Paint, look different on my laptop's LCD screen. The background that I put on the buttons is lighter than the solid 240 x 219 panel. I don't have the remote with me right now, so I don't know if it looks different there, but when I first started this, I was seeing differences on the remote that hardly showed on the laptop.

What the heck?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse