Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday July 5, 1999 at 13:46
Robert
Historic Forum Post
Thanks Jim. I should have the JDS LCD control panels within a month. I have a standing purchase order with JDS Technologies to get some of the first batch.

For those of you that aren't familiar with this new product, it is a very powerful "softkey" back lit LCD screen for use with a JDS Stargate. It will communicate on the fast RS-485 port of the Stargate. Each flush mount LCD control panel (you can have up to 16 of them with one Stargate) can be configured with up to 96 different menus and submenus. You will be able to import bitmaps (similiar to Pronto), different sized fonts, and control the state of 3 LEDs (red, yellow, and green) on each of the switches. For example, if you are using the Stargate's built in voice mail when you arrive home you could program Stargate to flash the red LED to indicate new voice mail messages. Then when you press the button next to the flashing LED, the screen reconfigures to the voice mail screen where you can have full control of listening to your voice mail messages (e.g., play first, rewind, forward, pause, etc.) through the speakers you have connected to Stargate. Many predesigned menus will be included in the control panel's firmware (e.g., HVAC control, Voice Mail)so you can simply select the menus you like using the supplied Windows software and download it to the LCD control panels (like Pronto).

With the Stargate's IR Expander, you could use the LCD control panels to control your IR equipment. Since it will be hard wired (using 1 twisted pair of wires), it will be reliable and fast.

If you have any specific questions about this product, please send me an e-mail. I will post a message on this forum when the product is available.

Robert
RCI Automation
[Link: ourworld.compuserve.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse