Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday May 28, 1999 at 21:51
Robert
Historic Forum Post
Daniel. The IR543 is the only IR transceiver that is available. The only part that needs to be visible is the front IR sensor window. Some people place the transceiver behind something so that only the window is visible. You can stand it up vertically if you want.

The Leviton 16293 is a good choice if your light does not require dimming. This switch is designed for fluorescent bulbs or other light fixtures that cannot be dimmed. This switch requires a neutral wire be present in your switch box.

The Leviton 6343 is a good choice if you need to control incandescent lights up to 1000 watts. There is a less expensive version available if you only need to control up to 600 watts (other features are the same). The problem with buying a switch to control more watts than you need is that the physical size of the switch is bigger and sometimes hard to fit into a switch box with more than 1 switch. This is due to heat sink requirements with greater wattages. A neutral wire is not required for this switch.

There is another switch you might consider instead of Leviton. It is made by PCS and offers a feature that Leviton doesn't. It allows you to program the duration of the "soft start" feature. The Leviton switch is pre-programmed for 2 seconds. The PCS switch can be programmed for different durations (e.g. 12 seconds) and this effect is sometimes nice for home theater applications. A neutral wire is required for this switch.

I have used all of these switches in home automation jobs and am very familiar with them. If you have any questions please drop me an e-mail or visit our web site for other contact information.

By the way, this is a great web site that I consider a valuable resource for my Pronto.

Robert
RCI Automation
[Link: ourworld.compuserve.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse