The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday August 27, 1999 at 12:16
David B
Historic Forum Post
Robert:

Thanks for your input. Since I've never tried ANY lamp modules, cheap or otherwise, I figured $30 for 6 cheap ones was a painless way to experiment. I'll be completely integrating high quality x-10 switches, outlets, motion sensors, etc. in my NEXT house, but I wanted to experiment first. At 5$ a piece, I won't mind "demoting" these lamp modules to other rooms. I've been using some touch pad light switches ( a black disk that sets on the side table) where one touch gives me 20%, then 50%, then 100% brightness. In other words, they scale up from dim to bright. There are More times than not that I'd prefer full bright on the first touch, as I want LIGHT. When I DO want to watch a movie, I've probably got the lights on full anyway before I want to dim them. I suspect these inexpensive lamp modules will suit me fine. If I'd though it would have been intollerable I'da popped for the nicer ones. Money isn't really the object. Experimentation is. Who knows, I may conclude that X10 lighting control is really impracticle for my lifestyle. Should that be the case, I'm out easy.

Hosting Services by ipHouse