Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Monday September 6, 1999 at 23:25
David B
Historic Forum Post
Ok... A trip to Walmart and I came home with a Cinema 6 ONEforall remote. Two screws beneath the battery came out easily but the thing would NOT come apart. Fearing I'd break it I stopped trying. I have an old ONEforall 3 that looks uilt the same way. Same screw (only one though) beneath the batteries. Same stuck. This one I could get some leverage on so I pried until it popped apart. Pretty amazing simplicity in these things. Each button is just a couple of zigzaging traces on a PC board. Embedded in each button is a round contact plate that shorts the traces when pushed down. Although it may be possible, there is no obvious way to solder onto these traces without adding some thickness (of the wire) and that will surely ruin the button's usual performance. I still may try, but given that I haven't yet gotten the cinema6 apart, there seems to be nothing "simple" about it.

I can see how it would be relatively trivial for ONE4all to add a macro activation port with a slight redesign of this product. Kinda wish I was a better solderer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse