Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday September 8, 1999 at 09:49
Chris Couture
Historic Forum Post
The Touchlinc does not need the Houselinc to function as an X-10 touch screen. The Touchlinc is a touch panel that sends out ALL X-10 codes. The X-10 codes can be put on any button with any name, much like the pronto can have any action assigned to any button. Adding the Houselinc gives you the ability to do macro features and have the IF, THEN, ELSE logic and make your house “smart”. They will work both separate and together. Installation is simple! For the Touchlinc, it mounts onto a double gang wall box allowing the transformer and the Powerline Interface to be placed in the box. The Touchlinc has a plug on the back that a “phone cord” plugs into and it has a plug for the transformer to plug into. Smartlinc has a “singlecord” that will allow you to only plug in one, the “telephone cord”. Professional installation is not required on either piece, Touchlinc or Houselinc. I had a plug under where I mounted my Touchlinc and ran a “brown” Wal-mart Christmas light extension cord (you know what I mean right?) to the outlet and have the 3 slot female side pulled to the Touchlinc location. The Powerline Interface and the transformer plug into it. EASY! Yes, probably not to CODE but I know it’s safe and will work fine! The Houselinc has a transformer and a Powerline Interface also and is easy to install. If you get the B.O.B. which allows the probes to be used as status indicators for you’re A/V system, it plugs into the I/O port and the probes plug into the B.O.B. The installation instructions that come with the Smartlinc products are real good! As far as operation and programming instructions, it is hard to provide them for products you can do much with and start from scratch on (again, kinka like Pronto). If you have downloaded the software, I can send you a copy of my setup to help you with some ideas and show you ways to do some cool things.

Shipping to Canada is no problem. We ship over 200 packages a day through UPS, FedEx and USPS to places all over the world. (We DON’T usually ship home audio products, we are a retail store for home audio. We do ship Professional products through our catalog division. I will be happy to send you Smartlinc products since they are hard to find for you).

Chris

Hosting Services by ipHouse