The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday September 7, 1999 at 15:20
Chris Couture
Historic Forum Post
Simon,
As long as an X-10 input will trigger the macros, yes. I don’t know much about the Activehome but I am sure that is what happens. A few other suggestions are as follows:

1. X-10 makes a switch that has several buttons that transmit X-10 signals. I use some of the switches throughout my house as triggers of macros. They mount in a décor style wall plate. The transmitter part number is XPT and there are different panels you can place on the XPT transmitter to allow various different outputs. These are a budget way to trigger macros from different locations and work quite nicely.

2. Several RF remotes available from X-10 will trigger macros. I have a Slimfire I used it in the bedroom, for awhile until I got the Touchlinc, to do a nighttime macro, turn on the bedroom light and turn the fan on and off. I also have a handheld remote, which will control 16 X-10 devices, to do several macros. These are another way to get by a little cheaper.

The Houselinc adds the ability to have IF, THEN, ELSE logic. It has IR functions, Timer control, Delay options and much more. The Houselinc, and any automation controller (JDS Stargate which is sold and supported by Robert @ RCI Automation) is by far a few steps above the Activehome system.

Chris Couture

Hosting Services by ipHouse