Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday September 8, 1999 at 17:36
David B
Historic Forum Post
With special thanks to Chris for his suggestions, I've been able to convert an AllforONE Cinema 6 into a device that will emit an IR macro to control anything it normally can when triggered by an X-10 contact closure relay. I'm using it with an X-10 Hawkeye on the front porch. When anyone enters it's motion detection field, (mail or delivery person, girl scout with cookies, etc.)it activates an X10 PUM01 which "presses" the macro button on the Cinema 6. I've got a camera on the porch, so I currently have is set to switch my TV's video source to AUX 2, where the camera is hooked in. The remote has not been compromised. I can unplug the PUM01 leads from it (a sub-mini mono jack), but it works fine with all my components either way. The macro can be easily changed to do different things depending on the situation. When I'm not at home, I have it start RECORDing on my VCR the camera's video. I actually caught someone trying to break in (he was testing the door). Unfortunately it was late at nite, and I couldn't identify him on the tape. The Hawkeye emits a second X-10 command when motion stops, so I use this one to stop recording.

Anyone interested, see "Who's on the Porch" or email me.

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse