The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday September 2, 1999 at 18:07
Chris Couture
Historic Forum Post
Roland,
No problems yet, it would be possible for that to happen though. It would be more likely for the door to shut, on say a shoe or the water hose, and reopen. When I close my door from the garage, I don’t watch until it’s closed all the way. I simply push the button, listen for the sound of the door closing and go in the house. This means that even if it closed with the push of the button, it would raise again once it hit the obstacle. My solution, keep everything clear of the garage. I have a 600# per day ice machine in the garage and do, on occasion, leave the door open to make ice for my weekend fishing trips (it puts off a lot of heat). If someone were to go shopping through my stuff, I have a motion sensor that starts a macro to flash the bedroom light, turn on the outside landscaping lights, turn on the garage lights and sound a remote chime letting me know to get my butt up (it has never falsed). I am using a Houselinc by Smartlinc automation controller to do the macros. Its one cool piece that allows me to do much more that “dumb” X-10 commands. The Houselinc uses “IF, THEN, ELSE” logic to only complete task if things are in the right state(time, unit status, day, month, etc). This allows me to have the motion sensors signal only complete its mission between 10:00pm and 5:00am. Works like a charm!

Chris Couture

Hosting Services by ipHouse