Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday September 1, 1999 at 16:05
Chris Couture
Historic Forum Post
Most garage openers have 3 wires that leave the opener. One acts as a common and one goes to the sensors. The other one goes to the wall switch and basically, when you make a contact between the door will open or close. In order to make it only close the door, you will need to install a magnetic (normally closed) switch somewhere on the door to sense the door being open. I used a piece of plumber’s strap and mounted the wired part to that. The magnet part is mounted on the slider so it comes within ˝” of the wired part when the door is open. Note: All you need is located right there. You have power, the door meets you there when open and you have the wires) one wire of the sensor goes to the common side of the door opener and the other goes to a PUM01 universal contact module. The other side of the pum01 goes to the terminal of the door opener that goes to the switch. When the PUM01 is activated, it makes a contact. If the magnetic switch is closed (door up), the contact makes its way through the magnetic switch and connects the common and the door close side of the door opener together closing the door. If the magnetic contact is open, then there is no way for the circuit to be completed and the door remains shut. This allows you to send a “close the garage” command every night. NOTE: You will need to send an on and then an off command to release the PUM01! You could use a pronto to do it in a macro. You could use a timer to do it at 10:00pm. You could use a remote by the bed… if you need me to send you a drawing let me know.

Chris Couture

Hosting Services by ipHouse