The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday September 16, 1999 at 14:30
Vince
Historic Forum Post
Larry,

Remember the old rule: 'you only get what you pay for?' Bundi is absolutely correct about the PCS light switch. It happens to be the finest switch on the market and as 'xtremist' says, you just dim it down to '0', not off which is what you should be doing with your inexpensive switches to avoid the initial full bright then dim. My guess is your using Leviton or Lutron.

Neither your switches or the PCS (Powerline Control Systems) doesn't have to go to full bright then dimmed to a desired level when dimmed to '0' plus Ernesto Natel, the owner of PCS, is a delight and total gentleman to do business with.

Robert's comment from RCI Automation of brightening and dimming using the Pronto with a macro will work well if you have plenty of time to spare verses paying one time for the right equipment.

If you want to add real power to your collection of switches I recommend that you invest in a JDS Technologies TimeCommander whole house computer for about $299.00. There you can couple it with there IRXpander for another $229.00 +/- to recognize your Pronto transmitted commands and then use a macro having all of your lighting circuits behave exactly the way you would like (ever hear of light scenes?) not to mention the limitless power available to you for the time it takes to write some simple stepping commands to your X-10 addresses. This gear will allow 256 stepped increments using the PCS micro switch.

I hope this shed some light on your frustration!

Hosting Services by ipHouse