Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday September 16, 1999 at 00:01
David B
Historic Forum Post
I just got a Hawkeye today too, and it came with intructions. Perhaps you have a different model than I do. Mine is set (by default) to transmit when it senses motion regardless of the light sensor. It can be set to only work when the light sensor thinks it is dark. However, if you DON'T want the light sensor to also send a code, then you'll have to disable it or blind it. Black electrical tape, perhaps two layers, on the face and wrapped around the sides of the light sensor chip should keep it in Dark mode. It won't emit another code unless it senses light again. You might also try a peice of tape on the BACK side of the circuit board if it is the least translucent. Mine can also be set to use different house and unit codes, and I read a suggestion to set the unit code to 16. There is no 17 code so the light sensor is disabled. The receiver is stuck at code 1. All the RF receivers I have are either code 1 or can be set to code 9. Therefore I don't have anything using code one. My hawkeye was simply set for a higher code.

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse