The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Wednesday September 22, 1999 at 15:05
Chris Couture
Historic Forum Post
Roland,
have an idea that may help you in your garage situation. I call it “motion sensor disabler” in my macro. It starts the macro with a command to turn off the RF transceiver with an appliance module. Then after 1 minute, it turns it back on. I use it for a PIP macro that turns the TV to another video input, the front door camera, and puts the program I was watching in the PIP window. The problem I had was every time the motion sensor was tripped by someone at the front door, the PIP window would get smaller, smaller, smaller then big, smaller, smaller… The display of the front camera is for 30 seconds so the motion sensor will only reissue the command after a minute. The motion sensor also trips a remote chime but will only do so every minute instead of every time the motion sensor is tripped.

Anyway, you could only have the RF transceiver operating under certain conditions. You could use time by simply using a cheap timer on the transceiver if time would be enough to control your needs. You could use the status of the garage door, only turning on the RF transceiver when the door is opening or closing, not when it is open or closed. This could be done a couple of ways using wireless door contacts to tell the commander what the door is doing, in turn disabling the motion sensor via the RF transceiver.

Just another idea,
Chris Couture

Hosting Services by ipHouse