Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Monday September 20, 1999 at 11:11
Roland S
Historic Forum Post
I've got a new idea as an alternate to "Push a button to turn on lights when you get home". It's a very simple script.

Instead of manually turning on the lights in the house when you get home, why not have it automatically turn on when you pull in the garage?

Items needed:
Hawkeye II (will use only motion sensing feature)

I first set the Hawkeye to detect motion for B16 (obviously, you can pick any house/unit code).

For B16 on Commander-X, select MACROS, and use GARAGE.SCR (see below) for B16-ON. For B16-OFF, you can just create a bogus macro that does nothing.

GARAGE.SCR
----------
CHIME.WAV ; play a chime on computer (optional)
IF TIMEIF TIME>0400 THEN END ; if after 4 am, stop script
IF B2>0 THEN END ; if lamp1 is on, stop script
IF B3>0 THEN END ; if lamp2 is on, stop script
IF B4>0 THEN END ; if lamp3 is on, stop script
IM-HOME.SCR ; run light sequence macro

This script first checks to see if the time is between dusk and 4 am. If it is, it will then check to see if any of the 3 lights in the family room are on (at least one of these are typically ON when someone is home). If none of these lights are on, it will start the IM-HOME.SCR (the "turn on lights" script i used to manually activate as i pulled up the driveway).

Note: if you include in the IM-HOME.SCR to turn on at least one of the "check" lights (in my case, B2,B3,B4), it will avoid running IM-HOME.SCR multiple times in the event the motion sensor is triggered several times.

If you have a Chime Module from X-10, you can also set that to B16 so it will chime in the house anytime the motion sensor is triggered (not just between dusk and 4am). That way, you can also tell if someone has walked in the garage.

So whaddaya think?

Roland

** For people who haven't played with Commander-X, you cannot write IF/THENs like this: IF B2>0 OR B3>0 OR B4>0 THEN END
That's why i had to put them on individual lines. I'm not really trying to be inefficient. ;)

Hosting Services by ipHouse