Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 3, 1999 at 03:35
Chris Couture
Historic Forum Post
I have come up with this thread for those whom can follow me. I am a 27 year old who has grown up in the sound business. My father worked at a hi-fi store when I was born in 1972 and started his own company in 1980. Since then, we have been installing home ,car audio and professional products. We just completed the new Auburn University stadiums sound system and are currently working with FSU on their new plans...Anyway, in 1989 I started working with with the company building car audio speaker boxes and doing simple installs. With my "What can I make this do?" attitude, I quickley became interested in the auto security side of the car audio field. It didn't take long before I had vehicles starting themselfs and rolling up their own windows when it rained (features not available back then). Anyway, later, I purchased a new car. The day after I get it, I took it apart and started installing the security and sound system. "Who cares" you say but it took me over 2 1/2 years to complete it. I was shooting to use it in I.A.S.C.A. (International Auto Sound Challange Assosiation) sound and security competitions. Well, we did it! We took the car to the ultimate competition, the I.A.S.C.A. Finals in Tulsa O.K. and guess what? We won! This ment that we had the badest security system in a vehicle in the WHOLE U.S.A. Anyway, this car could: start and shut off via remote or over the phone, turn the radio on and off by the remote, open the trunk, open the windows, if you would come close to it with the windows open and it would roll up the windows, motorized panels, radio on/off from the alarm remote, call the car to see if it is armed from a standard phone, start it from the phone, advance the track on the CD from the alarm remote, turn on or off sensors from the remote, turn on or off sirens, pagers, strobe lights etc... from the remote... Anyway what I am getting at here is that I have grown up and my car is now my home. I am gonna share any ideas I have with you guys who are interested! Here is just a few things my home does for me using X-10:
I wake up to the sounds of 80's music on my bedroom and bathroom speakers every weekday morning at 7:10am. The Bedroom fan, which was turned on by the bedroom macro the night before, turns off. The bathroom lights turn on and my wife and I figure we better get moving. We do the morning stuff, take a shower, get dressed and we leave... never touching a single thing. At 8:10am the house shuts it's self down. We sometimes meet at the house for lunch. A simple touch of the Touchlinc keypad and we are watching or listening to whatever we choose. So anyway, shes get it good, the end of the day for her, it's only 1:00pm! So, I go back to work and she does those wifely duties, you know, the cloths and dishes. Anyway, I come home at 7:00pm. The outside lights turn on shortly after at sunset. We hit Movietime on the Pronto and it ask "what do you want to watch" we reply with a satellite button. Not a problem the system replies as the houselinc turns on all the Audio and Video equipment and adjust the lights to the perfect level, tunes to satillite and... So we watch the movie and it's over. We press power on the pronto and it ask "are you sure, do you want to turn everything off, go to bed of disregard the button press?" We reply with a "go to bed" and the macro starts to turn the A/V system off, the bedroom lights on and the bathroom light on. So we settle into the bed after we wash out face and hands. We push a Slimfire remote button to turn off all the lights. Snoor, Snoor, Snoor... did we leave the garage door open? No, the close door macro always shuts it if it were open. BUT! there was a box in the way and the door didn't shut! Well luckly we have motion dectors that will detect intruders and cause a "intruder" macro to happen which flashes the bedroom lights, sounds a remote chime and turns on the outside lights... anyway that guy in jail wa continue to sleep...suddenly at 7:10 am we are awakened by the sound of 80's music. Thats right we had a macro to tuen on the bedroom speakers and tune the satellite to 823. Cool if your ready to wake up but where is the snooze? It's only a reach away... one push of the slimfire remote and a delay on happens... 10 min. later you experiance the same anoying sound, it's the Bangels with "Just Another Mantic Monday" O'well it's time to get up so you do and you go off to work...

The rest is up to you!
Chris Couture "with a few drinks in me"

Hosting Services by ipHouse