Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday September 26, 1999 at 01:28
Simon Ngan
Historic Forum Post
How do I send the "CLEAR" sequence (O16,N16,M16,P16,M16)? Can I use Pronto to accomplish this? It says in the SwitchLinc manual I can't send Housecode and Unit Code with ON or OFF. I think the Pronto can do it since I have all 1 to 16 in my CCF and all I have to do is to switch the Housecode on the IR543 every time I transmit a signal. However, so far I have no such luck. If the SwitchLinc sucessfully received the "CLEAR" signal, will it blink (LED) to let me know the "CLEAR" command has been initiated?

As far as remotely turning on/off the SwitchLinc (currently set to A1), I can now use Palm Pad and the Commander-X software to control it. However, I can't use IR543 to remotely turn SwitchLinc on nor off. What I did was I press "1" on the IR543, then "ON" or "OFF", nothing happens. Right now, the alternative is to use ActiveHome and create a dummy macro (A6) so that when I press A6 ON, then it will turn on A1, or A6 OFF will turn off A1. This works fine but it's weird. I also tried to change SwitchLinc from A1 to A16 just to make sure, but it's the same.

In addition, what are the characteristics of the SwitchLinc, I mean does it respond to ALL LIGHTS ON/OFF, STATUS REQUEST, etc? I need to find out so I can make a profile for this SwitchLinc in the Commander X program.

Thanks for your time.

P.S. In my room where the SwitchLinc is installed, I have 3 surge suppressers and 1 UPS. SwitchLinc and all other devices are working fine, they will respond to any on/off commands. Only SwitchLinc will not respond to IR543 when I press (1+ON/OFF).

Simon

Hosting Services by ipHouse