Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday October 21, 1999 at 10:16
DaveL
Historic Forum Post
I know the Switchlinc can be part of a scene, what is unclear is can you program multiple scenes on a single SwitchLinc?

What I want to accomplish is the following:

1) Have base address defined that allows the SwitchLinc to respond to normal ON signals, in this case from a Leviton Photocell controller to turn on the light to a preset dim value (approximately 40%). This is for whole house night time illumination.

2) Have the same SwitchLinc be part of Scene 1 (same housecode different unit number) that will dim the light to approximately 15%, this scene would be part of the Pronto/RC5000 sequence that is sent when DVD PLAY is selected (select DVD source, set TV to correct input, set Pre-Amp/Processor to correct input, send PLAY to DVD, send Scene 1 to IR to X10 controller, set SwitchLinc to 15%, enjoy movie!).

3) Have the SAME SwitchLinc part of Scene 2, (same housecode, different unit number), that will set the light to approximately 80%, whenever the PAUSE on the DVD is activated via the Pronto/RC5000. The intent is to allow people enough illumination to find the restroom, go get a snack, etc.

The problem I have run into is that I can set the base code and preset dim level from the SwitchLinc and a Maxi X10 controller. However, if I then program a Scene into the SwitchLinc and send a simple ON command to the base unit address the light goes to full ON, no more preset dim. If I try to add another Scene the SwitchLinc seems to forget the first Scene.

Is what I am trying to do not supported, or do I need something other than a Maxi controller, or did I just do something wrong?

Hosting Services by ipHouse