Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday September 23, 1999 at 00:43
Chris Couture
Historic Forum Post
Well I downloaded the 30 trial of HAL2000 and within a day, I bought it. It works well, not great but is improving with time as I add more processing. I plan on using 8 Shure SM-11 microphones through out the house. They will be connected to an Alesis Studio 12R mixer. I will be using an Alesis 3630 compressor/limiter and then going to the computer. I have this hooked to one mic in the office and it works 95%. The output of the computer will be hooked to a BBE 462 sonic maximizer to improve the computer voice (makes it more realistic). I then hook to a Samson Servo170 amplifier that will go into a Niles line level switcher. The output will come over the multiroom speakers. (My company sells and installs commercial systems so I get the inside scoop on the BIG BOY TOYS like recording equipment and sound processors.)
Currently I am using a Smartlinc Houselinc as the automation controller but plan to upgrade to a Homevision or JDS since they interface with the HAL2000. Do any of you have any experience with the Homevision? I know that Robert from RCI has had great success with JDS. “Hello Robert, Where Are You?” It seems that the Homevision will interface easier with the HAL2000 and has more features for less money. Programming seems easy for Homevison and it looks like it has enough memory to do some serious macros and IF, THEN, ELSE logic. Suggestions anyone? I will keep everyone informed of the progress.

Chris Couture

Hosting Services by ipHouse