Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday October 30, 1999 at 00:07
Todd J. Derr
Historic Forum Post
OK, tonight I changed my primary housecode to E (just paranoia...). I also added a transciever on O1 and a lamp module on O2 to control some outside lights. And all of it works fine except for my old friend A8 (now E8).

But - I swapped the E8 switch with a new one and now it works intermittently IF all 3 computers are off. It seems to always work if they're all off and I unplug the power strip that my primary desktop system is plugged into. Alternatively, I can turn the power strip off, or unplug all of the components from the strip - same effect. The more things I have plugged into the strip, the less reliably E8 seems to work, but there doesn't seem to be any one component that has a bigger effect than any other.

I did find out, though, that there is more than one circuit upstairs. E7, E8, and the computers are on the same circuit. If I plug CM11a into that one, I can control E7 and E8 but nothing else. If I plug CM11a into the other circuit (outlet on the other side of the room), I can control everything except E8.

Suggestions? I'm thinking of trying the 'plug in noise filter' on the power strip, sound reasonable?

Hosting Services by ipHouse