The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday February 27, 2006 at 01:50
RemoteStupid
Lurking Member
February 2006
YIP, YIP, HOORAY! Got my sound problems fixed on both disks!

First of all, your last Post here probably was the correct answer about my 'audio' button on my Remote, as after my sound problems were resolved, I then spent a few minutes trying different combinations of buttons along with the 'audio' button, but nothing could get that 'audio' button to work. You're probably right, that if there is no alternate audio channels, or tracks, on the DVD, then the 'audio' button won't work. Every time I press it, all I get is a quick, few second, international NO symbol (circle with diagonal line thru the circle!) in the top left corner of the screen.

Also, as to the 'Set-Up' Audio Setting, like I said before, I've switched between SPDIF settings, "OFF", "RAW" and "PCM", and it doesn't make any difference, because I think those output settings are for the single multi-pinned cable output on the back of the player that I am not using. I'm using separate cables for video and each audio channel!

OKAY, now as to how I now have sound okay! I mentioned that I bought the DVD player on sale at Walgreens, which, incidentally, is the same way that I bought the TV set, also an APEX brand 27" color set. But, here's the deal. When I later bought the DVD player and then went to hook up the DVD player cables (video, L audio and R audio), I then discovered that the TV set only had ONE external audio input, along with the video, to the TV set! (Actually, the external 'Inputs' are duplicated: one set on the rear, and a duplicate set on the side bottom of the TV set. But both audio duplicate jacks are still for only one channel of audio, no stereo input on the TV set at all!)
So I finally realized that I only had one channel of sound connected, which may have been the L audio only. So, while I played the two disks that didn't have sound, I reached around the back of the DVD player and switched that single audio cable from the L jack to the R jack, and I immediately had sound! Apparently, on the Rental disk, all 11 'scenes' had R channel only (with only noise and very low level audio on the L channel!), although I have no idea as to why the 12th 'scene', on this particular disk, had sound on both L & R channels!

As to my own disk, apparently it was made with only background music on the L channel and the voices of the actors only on the R channel! I guess the reason that I had actually heard normal sound audio some time back, was probably that I had since then maybe unplugged the cables for some reason and then reconnected the audio cable to the L channel instead of the R channel!

Sorry, you Guys, who probably got surround-sound, DOLBY and all the extras, but I just didn't think about it, until it 'came to me' just earlier today, about the cables, so I tried it, and that was the problem!

Many Thanks for your Concerns, Guys, and Best To Ya All!
Stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse