The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday February 25, 2006 at 15:49
RemoteStupid
Lurking Member
February 2006
Okay, Gentlemen, RemoteStupid has taken your advice, regarding the two different problems with 2 of my disks! I have now played these 2 disks in the following three (3) DVD players:
My own player, an APEX AD-1200 with remote
A neighbor's player, an older Sony (don't know the model)
A brand-new, fresh-out-of-the-box, never been used before player, a Memorex MVD2042 Suffix C (installed cables and 2 'AA' batteries to Remote)
As a 'reference', I provided a third DVD (MGM's movie "Red Corner"), to establish a comparison. This third DVD disk played equally well, picture and sound, on all three players.
Then we tried my first disk, which, when the movie and/or any selected scene, is played on my DVD player, all I can get is normal sound level, but of music only, a MUZAK-like music 'track'. Watching the picture, the characters are moving their lips, but all I can hear is music! (This is on my own player, which has been thoroughly 'set-up', according to the Manual's Instructions!)
I gave this disk and the second disk to my neighbor to play in his DVD player. He reported that this FIRST DISK would play the pictures fine, but the soundtrack WAS ONLY MUSIC!
I then tried this first disc in the brand-new Memorex. Exactly the same results! Fine picture, but only music for a soundtrack!
The SECOND DISK is a different problem. Picture is fine, and when the disk starts, preview trailers and 'commercials' on the disk are fine, video and audio. But when the movie starts, all the scenes can be seen talking, but no soundtrack. However, when the movie starts, I can hear a definite noise on the soundtrack (with the Remote volumn at maximum). Usually, for normal audio, I only need to have the TV Remote sound level set at 5 to no more than 20, for normal sound. At this setting, with this second disk, is where I only can hear noise. However, using the TV Remote volumn control, if I turn the TV audio up to maximum (+63), I can just barely hear the actors in the movie talking, with their lips moving, but the sounds they are making are still not loud enough to be able to understand what they are saying! Again, this is with the TV Remote audio at maximum, as well as Remote audio at maximum.
Okay, this SECOND DISK was now tried in the other two(2) DVD players. Exactly the same results occurred in those players.
Note: As I have remarked before, I have personally heard excellent sound level audio on both of these two disks, BEFORE I pressed the unknown buttons on the Remote Control (it was dark in the room and I couldn't see what I was actually pressing, but I thought it was the correct buttons!)
Anyway, now I have two disks with no audio, one with music instead of normal voice!
Stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse