The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday February 23, 2006 at 21:42
RemoteStupid
Lurking Member
February 2006
Maybe I didn't look thru the posts/threads far enough, but I didn't find what I am looking for. I have an APEX DVD player w/ APEX RM-1200 remote. I now have 2 disks on which the sound/audio has been turned off, on one by byself and the other disk, by someone else!
On the one where I turned off the audio myself, the audio was originally working fine, but somehow I think I hit the wrong combination of 'setup', 'slow', 'KODAK T.E.' or some other buttons on the remote, and now all I get is music, as though there is a Background MUZAK Channel on the disk! I can't get any sound no matter what I hit! Of course, this one disk only! My other disks work fine with full audio!
The second disk is a rental disk that I received. I can't say that this is the exact same disk, but I have rented this same Title previously from the same Rental Company and the audio worked fine. But the disk that I have now received from them, has audio only at the start of the disk. When individual segments/scenes of this disk run, there is no audio/sound at all, not even the Background MUZAK that I have on my other disk.
There must be some unspecified combination of buttons on the Remote that turns off the audio tracks on the disk that is playing. Apparently, whoever rented this disk previously made the same mistake as I did with their Remote, and turned off the sound and didn't know how to correct the situation before returning it to the DVD Rental Company, who also probably missed the fact that the audio had been turned off!
What is the trick to turning the audio back on?
Stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse